BROCCOLI IN MARCH
Warm winter salad by Jamie Oliver
- 100g quinoa
- 250g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- extra virgin olive oil
- 200g mixed-colour kale
- 30g blanched hazelnuts
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Place a large frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat.
- Trim the broccoli and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (in batches if you need to), turning occasionally, until slightly charred.
- To make a dressing, squeeze the juice of 1 orange into a small bowl. Mix in the tahini, red wine vinegar, honey and 2 tbsp oil, then season to taste and set aside.
- Remove and discard any hard stalks from the kale, placing the leaves in a large bowl. With your hands, massage in a pinch of salt for 1 minute.
- Once the broccoli has charred, add to the kale and tip over half the dressing. Add the quinoa and toss together.
- Put the pan you used to cook the broccoli back over a high heat and toast the hazelnuts until golden, then roughly chop.
- Add a little more dressing to the salad, toss again, then arrange on a large serving platter.
- Peel the remaining orange, slice into rounds and scatter over the salad. Tip over the chopped toasted hazelnuts and serve straight away, with any remaining dressing on the side.